Statement Regarding Covid-19 from EZ Dental
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
We follow recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations. In addition, we will follow the strict PPE (personal protective equipment) guidelines.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Our office will provide masks, hand sanitizer, and mouth rinse to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our office will no longer offer magazines, children's toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, your safety is our priority.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting time for you, as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You will be asked to wait in your car and contact us once you arrive, we will let you know when you can enter the office.
We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 425-746-6090. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends!